Friday, May 1, 2009

Derby Parade

The Thursday before derby we went to the parade.  It was a lot of fun.  Landon loved watching all the floats, balloons, horses, and especially the bands.  He loved the marching band so much he wouldn't turn for a picture, but here is a good sampling of the other fun we had at the parade.  Here are a few of the balloons Elmo and Nemo.

There were several clowns and Landon wasn't so sure about them, as you can tell.

Jace's favorite part of the parade.  I wonder how fast that boat goes?

One thing I love about Derby is Gallopalooza.  Different artists paint horses and then businesses sponser them and place them outside for a few months.  They are beautiful and it is something totally unique to Louisville.  Here is a few of them on a float.

A cool old stagecoach.  I love remnants of the old wild west.

This was something cool.  It was all veterans carrying the flag.  Thank you veterans!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun parade. You guys look so happy. I had sooo much fun with you over the weekend. I felt really close to you all. Landon is the cutest!!! Do I get him if you die?

Jace and Tami said...

Can you promise Krispy's each day?

hansengirl said...

Looks like fun. I'm with Landon, clowns are creepy!