We were so happy to get a well deserved and uncommon 3 day weekend with dad! Jace was off school on Friday and the weather was nice, not unbearably hot and humid like all of June seemed to be so we decided to go on a hike at Bernheim Forest. It's a beautiful place with lots of trails. We went on the canopy tour which has a bridge 75 feet above the ground. It was pretty amazing. Jace put Landon in the backpack and he wouldn't get out and walk at all after that. He even managed to nod off while we did all the hard hiking up and down.
I know, I know, I'm huge and I still have 17+ more weeks to go! Poor Chewy was exhausted after hiking about 2 miles.
Later that night we went to the Cottons for a bbq. It was a lot of fun to get together and meet several new families that have moved into our ward. I'm afraid a lot of our talk was about babies seeing how 4 of us are currently pregnant. The kids had fun running around and playing on the swing set. It was amazing that this year Landon is part of the big kids group, they grow up so fast. Zack had some foam swords that Landon loved to play with as exhibited below.
Jace had fun playing several rounds of croquet. Who knew that guys even get competitive at croquet. It was a lot of fun with good food and even better dessert. Collette's flag cake was delicious as was Sarah's cookies! Oh desserts, the bane and ultimate delight of my existence. I'll just blame it on the pregnancy, but for those who really know me and my sweet tooth they know better. Landon was so tired after that we went home and didn't go to the fireworks.
The next day was the actual fourth of July, but it started off slow with breakfast and Jace mowing the steep incline we call our front lawn. Then Landon and mommy napped while daddy played some tennis. Then the rain began and steadily fell all day. We decided we needed to get out and let Landon run around so we headed to the Science Center. I'd been thinking about getting a membership there considering that this winter I'll have a newborn and a rambunctious two year old. They have an area called the kidzone that only has one entrance and lots of toys to play with. There is water toys, construction toys, dress up, toys to climb and play around on and even a nursing room. It'll work great this winter and they even have fun activities for the kids this summer. Here's Landon playing around in the water. He is absolutely focused on what he is doing, I guess you can tell how much he likes the water.





2 comments:
You are looking great!! O love the croguet comments. Getting off to the Science center sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck babe... it sounds hard to. Miss you.
Wow 2 kids almost. Last time Jace was washing windows instead of placing implants (Bytheway, I found your blog through the Gentrys) Our blog you need an invite. Shoot an email to craigerskimsmith@yahoo.com - later Craig
Post a Comment